Students will be selected to attend Cedar Lake Christian Academy according to the following criteria:
- Desire to attend the Academy
- Mental ability
- Academic achievements
- Past school records-academic and citizenship
- Desire to do well and be self-disciplined
- Moral character
- Adherence to Christian principles
- Entrance Exam may be required to determine eligibility
- Age – According to Mississippi State Law, Kindergarten students must be five (5) years old prior to September 1st
- Interview with Principal or Board member(s). The applicant will need to present at the interview his/her last report card. The principal may also contact a pastor or most recent school principal for a recommendation for school admittance. NOTE: Students recently expelled from another school will not be granted admittance to CLCA.
- Your initial introduction includes an inquiry call and request for an admissions packet. Based upon the information provided, a school tour and admissions consultation with our Admissions Committee will be offered.
- Our Admissions Committee reviews the application and supporting materials. If it is determined that your child’s learning needs and our program are an appropriate match, the child will be invited to spend a day at CLCA.
- Pending a successful school visit, parents will receive a follow-up phone call advising of a final admissions decision.
- If there is not available space in the prospective student’s grade, the child will be wait listed pending an opening at his/her level. If space does not become available, the child will receive priority consideration for the following school year.
- 2015-2016 Tuition
School year tuition is an annual fee. It can be paid in ten or twelve monthly installments or in advance and is non-transferable. (Parents who have a child on probation will be unable to pay their account in advance.) Various tuition discounts are available from time to time. Please contact the school office for more information. Tuition includes all program costs except for a school supply fee, books and materials fees, and optional expenses such as field trips, school photos, yearbooks, etc.
Registration Fees: Yearly
New Academy $175.00
Returning Academy $150.00
Textbooks & Materials $425.00
Graduation Fee $35.00 For K5, $100.00 for HS Senior
Tuition Fees: Yearly Monthly
Academy (K5 – 6th) $4600.00 $460.00
Academy (7th – 12th) $4800.00 $480.00
*Discounts Given for Additional Students
Before and After Care Fees: $3.50 an hour
5% OFF Tuition for One-Time Payment
10% OFF Tuition for families with 2
15% OFF Tuition for families with 3 or more
20% OFF Tuition for tithe-paying members of Cedar Lake Christian Assembly
20% OFF Tuition for children of Pastors or Chaplains
Tuition Payment Plans And Fees
Payment PlanSchool Year Payment is paid through Smart Tuition
Registration Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. These fees are designed to “hold” your child’s place in a classroom and assist us in planning for the upcoming school year. Registration Fees are due at the time of registration.
General Fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. General Fees are due prior to the start of the school year. These fees are used to provide each student’s curriculum materials. Students are responsible for providing their own “school supplies” such as pencils, paper, and crayons.
Summer Program schedules are available in the office. The Summer Program is designed for families who need Childcare throughout the summer months. Summer Program option in ONLY available depending on family interest.
Lunch Fees: The cost for a school lunch is $3.75 and should be paid on a monthly basis. Additional milks are $0.50. Menus will be issued monthly. If a student is absent or for some reason does not eat on any given day that month he/she will receive a credit for the next month. Fast food will only be allowed on the students’ birthday. All lunches that are forgotten at home must be brought to the school office by 9:00 A.M.
Before/After School Childcare Fees: Childcare fees are charged to Academy students who arrive prior to 7:45 A.M. and are not picked up by 3:15 P.M. These fees may be paid on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis. The charge for Before School Care/After School Care will be $3.75 per hour.
School Hours and Childcare
School hours K-6th are from 8:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
School hours 7-12th are from 7:50 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
Academy children who arrive prior to 7:45 A.M. or are not picked up by 3:15 P.M. will be placed in childcare and charged accordingly. (See Tuition Payment Plans and Fees)
The conduct rules of the school apply to childcare.